WE ARE LOOKING FOR TOP TALENT.
Africa Merchant Assurance Company Limited (AMACO) is a general insurance company operating in Kenya for the last 22 years. We seek to recruit a competent, qualified and top-notch motivated professional to fill the position of:
INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER – REF/HR/IAM/001/23
Reporting to the Board/Chief Executive Officer, the Internal Audit Manager will be mandated to manage the Audit department and provide continual risk assessment and the development of comprehensive policies, procedures, compliance training, protocols, internal investigations and
plans. Advise the company on risk management strategies and processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, Implementing and Evaluating short and long-term objectives of Internal Audit Department.
- Conducting Financial, Operational and compliance Audits.
- Reviewing and determining the adequacy of the company’s systems of internal control
and the degree of compliance with these controls.
- Reviewing and evaluating the degree of compliance with the company policies and
procedures as well as legislative and other regulatory requirements.
- Conducting special investigations as requested and making recommendations for
improved controls, operating procedures, accounting records and system design.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the organization’s Risk Management
- Report results and make recommendations to management and Board of Directors.
- Following up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and directions as
per audit reports.
- Ensuring compliance to statutory requirements.
- Identifying and assessing company strategic risks.
- Reviewing and supervising audit department staff.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you from time to time
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution:
Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
Be in possession of any of the following professional Qualification: Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE),
7-10 years’ experience in the insurance industry 3-4 of which must be in a senior management.
Membership to relevant professional body in good standing;
Proficiency in computer application skills;
Fulfilled the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution;
Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
Experience in a general insurance set-up and ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) is an dded advantage
No Open Opportunities for now …
Send In Your Application
Interested candidates are requested to send their application letter and copy of their updated curriculum vitae indicating our reference number, current salary, expected salary and availability period to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or/and address it to address below so as to be received on/or before 8th September, 2023;-
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ALONG MOMBASA ROAD NEXTGEN MALL, 4 TH FLOOR
P. O. Box 61599-00200, NAIROBI